No Answers Owed:Baby Boomer Elders

 My recent conversation with my friend of a sensitive topic reminded me of my dad response during my kid's 

When I was a young teenager,

I will have a lot of curiosities in religious practice,growing,adult, caste,race, inequalities of world n etc. 

My dad answer will be something yours and a slap along at times. 

In school neither was helpful; other than asking me to read n memorise facts which I was not interested.

If ask the teacher - the reply will be 1st go and improve your grades.

At 60's and 70's not much knowledge gaining materials, technological gadgets or libraries  nearby for easy access.

As such, I lost interest in studies but I enjoy the fun of playing in school. 

However at certain age during teenager when my parents got ill. I want to know why a person get sick and ultimately dies.

The grown up elder brothers of mine or the  teachers couldn't help me with curiosities!

Thus they told me the only way to get an answer to current question is by becoming doctor.

Now I got deeply interested in studies, rapidly accelerated my deficient in my primary school studies by catching up with six year of missed concentration and  raced towards getting better grade in my higher secondary to enter medicine school. 

However my efforts and the grades was not good enough to get into a local university.So only option I had is to go overseas to India in pursue of my dream, which my brothers need to support.

Thus I begged them to sent me there and I promise I will return a qualified doctor.I worked hard and faced the challenges in India to become a doctor.

After gaining that knowledge, experience and wisdom in the field of medicine.I realised, I am only an instrument of Existence in assisting the health of my patients and I got nn control of their death.

Thus coming to my topic back;

 Why I wrote so much of my past because many an individual turn to currently computer and AI which can give a better n rational answer to any questions or curiosity with no bias or Ego at current times.

However at baby boomer generation 'It is none of ur business ' can be acceptable as an answer to our curiosities.

At current generation the youngsters will go to other means to get the answers to their curiosity.

In the process  they may shut away from the other older generations,by  being happy to be aloner since they got the company of AI and the technological gadgets.

It is just my reminiscent of my life and relating with the current younger generations which have all the means to verify their curiosity in the technological world which was not available at early phase of baby boomer generation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Wisdom

Life Lesson From Scuba Diving

Wisdom Of Peace